Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DAY 3 -- 2.999 per Gallon

It's an ordinary Wednesday and nothing much at work. During lunch time I drove toward 7th st from Blue Lagoon looking for food shops but ended up in Mc Donalds. I see good reasons why lots of people go to Mc Donalds. First, its cheap. There's 1 dollar meal and with 8 dollars you can have the best burger which can fill you up enough that you can skip the next meal.

The challenge of the day is at the gas station. Its my 3rd day of driving and i have to re-fill gas. I know that buying gas is a DIY in this place, and i do not know how. So i asked my sweet beautiful girlfriend to join me to the gas station.

We went to this Shell station and as we are reading instructions on the pump machine, the other guy on the next pump (filling his Jaguar) approached and asked if we speak English. I said "I am sorry man but we don't speak English... i am serious". Hehe... Of course i said "yes". So he gladly helped us and we were thankful. A rare show of kindness in this place where the norm is to MYOB.

No comments:

Post a Comment