Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DAY 1 -- Meet and Greet... Valet Parking

Went to Enterprise rent-a-car to pick up my car then scoured the streets on my way to the office. I only have the exact address, yahoo map and my sweet beautiful girlfriend (as navigator hehe..).

Arrived at the office almost 1 hour late. Met Lida and she introduced me to the people in the office. Then spent the rest of the day calling other team members in Caracas and Sao Paolo. I was impressed.

6PM and its time to go home. But how. This time i only have the address, a map and couple of instructions from Rolando and Romy. Its not as simple as going opposite the way i came in. As expected, i missed the entrance to the high-way and have to drive about 2 kilometers, turn around and then go back into the entrance of hi-way 836.

I arrived at my street after about 40 minutes. Next problem is, where do i park? The parking is gated but when I came close to the gate it opened. Wow. So I drove down to the underground parking and just parked in an empty slot. Then a guy came in and just blurted... "why are you parking here??"... i don't know if he owns the slot and he's mad or felt insulted or he is just somebody who just don't have the right english to tell me. Turned out he's one of the valet parking attendant. He said i have to go back to the lobby, leave my car on the ramp, get my parking slot number and just give the key to the valet attendants. OK!! -- wala kasing ganito sa bundok namin.

No comments:

Post a Comment